Bottomless sore throat tea

1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled
1/4 cup honey
water
  1. Slice or dice the ginger. If you're feeling really lousy, just leave it whole.
  2. Put the ginger and honey in a small slow cooker, and fill with water.
  3. Set to high until the mixture comes to a boil, then reduce to low or warm.
  4. Every time you serve yourself some tea, add a dollop of honey to the slow cooker and top it up with water.
My husband and I have been under the weather, and have kept our small slow cooker full of this sore throat remedy. It does wonders and tastes delicious. This recipe is for my 1 1/2 quart slow cooker. If the kids were sick too, I'd probably double the recipe and use my 4 quart model. I've considered throwing half a (washed) lemon into the mix, but I didn't have one on hand.

0 comments:

This blog is simply a collection of my culinary success stories/recipes. Some recipes are original, but most are adaptations (or wholesale adoptions) of other people's recipes. I also blog about the life and times of a working mother of twins.
 
Copyright 2009 Cooking Happy All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes