Chicken Marsala

1 lb chicken breast tenders
1 cup marsala wine (1 1/2 cups if you want a lot of sauce)
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup flour
generous pinch salt
generous pinch pepper
3 tbsp vegetable oil
  1. Heat the oil on medium heat.
  2. Mix the flour, salt and pepper.
  3. Cover the chicken pieces with the seasoned flour.
  4. Brown the chicken in the oil, turning once.
  5. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and set aside.
  6. Pour marsala wine into the pan and reduce by half.
  7. Add milk and stir in.
  8. Once the sauce is bubbling, return the chicken to the pan and cook until the sauce is thick. Make sure to coat the chicken well.
I've got a sick baby, and wanted to make something nutritious and relatively quick that would appeal to two-year-olds and adults alike. Since my husband was still at the grocery store 20 minutes before lunch had to be on the table, I made do with what I had on hand. I would have liked to add mushrooms to the pan before adding the marsala. I'll do that next time I try this recipe and report the results.

I paired this chicken with creamed corn and flavoured rice with peas. Perhaps this isn't a traditional partnering with chicken marsala, but it's a balanced meal, and my kids ate it!

0 comments:

This blog is simply a collection of my culinary success stories/recipes. Some recipes are original, but most are adaptations (or wholesale adoptions) of other people's recipes. I also blog about the life and times of a working mother of twins.
 
Copyright 2009 Cooking Happy All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes