Cinnamon Rolls

3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp water
4 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp salt
1/4 plus 1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp yeast
2 tsp cinnamon
  1. Place the water, 2 tbsp butter, salt, 1/4 cup sugar, flour and yeast in your bread maker. This is the order my bread maker likes, but yours may differ.
  2. Run your machine on the dough cycle for a 1 lb loaf.
  3. Grease a 9" by 9" pan. Glass works great.
  4. Flatten dough into rectangle. The thinner the rectangle, the more swirls to your rolls. I usually make mine 6" by 12". You can use a rolling pin, or just pat it out with your hands. My girls love this part!
  5. Spread remaining 2 tbsp butter on dough.
  6. Mix remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this over the dough.
  7. Roll the dough tightly along the long edge. You'll end up with something resembling a sausage. Pinch the edge into the dough to seal.
  8. Cut roll into 9 slices of equal width. Arrange the slices, cut ends down, in a square in the pan.
  9. Cover and let rise for an hour. This recipe is very forgiving. I've let it rise anywhere between half an hour and 2 hours, and they've come out great.
  10. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  11. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
  12. Turn onto a wire rack. I find it easiest to take one cooling rack, cover the pan with it and then turn the pan over. I then take a second cooling rack, put it upside down on the rolls, and flip the whole thing over. This way you don't end up with burning cinnamon goop all over you, not that I've ever done that!
  13. Frost with cream cheese frosting or vanilla glaze.
These cinnamon rolls are super-easy and have been requested as our Christmas breakfast tradition. I've doubled the recipe with great success. My husband has been known to eat 8 of these at one sitting.

0 comments:

This blog is simply a collection of my culinary success stories/recipes. Some recipes are original, but most are adaptations (or wholesale adoptions) of other people's recipes. I also blog about the life and times of a working mother of twins.
 
Copyright 2009 Cooking Happy All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes